What makes our Yeshiva unique?
Ateret Yerushalayim is a yeshiva designed for post-high school students looking for a focused yet relaxed atmosphere in which to grow. Our warm, down to earth Rebbeim are ready to help you have a productive, enjoyable and inspiring year.
AJ talmidim acquire better textual skills and an increased independence in learning; but more importantly, they develop a deeper appreciation for learning and mitzvos in their lives. Our goal is "Building Life-long Connections" with Torah, Rebbeim, Eretz Yisrael and friends, thereby “Building Foundations for Life”.
Below is a list of the different aspects of the Yeshiva which blend together creating the Ateret Yerushalayim experience. You can click on the paragraph headings for more information.
- Atmosphere: Focused, yet warm and relaxed- conducive to growth
- Goals: Emphasis on setting and reaching clear goals, building self-confidence and independence necessary for continued success
- Incentives: Missions and challenge programs help students stretch their capabilities to levels previously undiscovered
- AJ Rabbeim are down-to-earth, accessible and can “relate”
- Small student to Rebbe ratio guarantees each talmid will find a mentor he can connect with for life
- Multi-level, staggered morning seder structure with focus on skill-building and independence in learning
- Afternoon classes offer a wide range of subjects, including life skills, self imporvement, mussar, Jewish history, aggada, practical halachah, chumash, navi and real-life thought-provoking hashkafa topics
- Yemei Iyun and panel discussions focus on specific topics of vital importance to building a healthy Jewish home
- World-renown guest speakers
- The Yeshiva spends every second Shabbos together in a warm relaxed atmosphere, filled with achdus and inspiration. Melava Malka every Motzaei Shabbos
- Mesibot are highlights of the year. Talmidim enjoy an all-out party in Yeshiva and Rebbeim’s homes, celebrating various chagim, including Simchat Beit Hashoeva, Chanukah, Purim and Lag B’Omer.
- Rebbeim also host Talmidim for siyumim celebrating their learning accomplishments
- Monthly Tiyulim: Students enjoy fun and uplifting tiyulim across Eretz Yisrael, blending recreation, enducation, and mekomot kedoshim
- Bi-monthly field trips: Outings with an educational intent, such as tefillin and tzitzis factories, farms observing mitzvos of Eretz Yisroel, Yad Vashem, City of David, and more
- Sport Afternoon: On alternating weeks, students take afternoon seder to the local sports complex to enjoy basketball, soccer, or football
- Kotel: The Yeshiva davens shacharis at the Kotel on Rosh Chodesh, followed by a festive breakfast
- All of our facilities, which include beit medrash, dining room, dormitory, computer room and workout room are located in a converted mansion in Jerusalem
- AJ's location combines the centrality of Jerusalem with the pastoral atmosphere of the suburbs, in a scenic, tree-lined residential neighborhood just a 10-minute bus ride away from the central bus station and the city center.
- AJ provides students with ample opportunity for athletic activities. In addition to AJs on campus work out room, the yeshiva rents out a local swimming and sports facility one night per week
- A local sports facility is a short walk from the yeshiva provides basketball courts and football fields.
- Our students volunteer for Yad Eliezer, packing and delivering food to the needy; and help out in local organizations.
- The connection between Ateret Yerushalayim and its talmidim extends far beyond a student’s time in the yeshiva. We have periodic alumni get-togethers and events.
- Ateret Yerushalayim is accredited by Yeshiva University, Touro College, Hebrew Theological Seminary and the Talmudic University of Florida.
- Eligible Ateret Yerushalayim students benefit from MASA grants funded by the Jewish Agency and the State of Israel